Friday, July 18, 2008

Blog Primer

I am so glad everyone is willing to go High Tech! I think this will be a great way for us to plan. I am not an expert at blogging by any means, but thought I would put a few tips out for everyone.

POSTING
You are all set up as authors so you can post new subjects that people can comment on. When you sign in, at the top right there is a tab that says NEW POST. Click on this when you want to start something new. Create a title, put your text in and put labels in at the bottom if they make sense (food, directions, lodging etc).

LINKS
The links section is a little clunky, but it should work for what we need. If you want to add a link you need to go to the LINKS box, click on EDIT. When that window opens, you need to add a title for your link and then paste the url in.

AUTHORS
We can add anyone at anytime, but I did not open this up to the public (didn't want to air our dirty laundry to the entire world). To add someone, click on the SETTINGS tab on the top, click on PERMISSIONS and then ADD AUTHORS. You will send an invitation to the email of the person you want to add. Once they accept it, they can post.

UNKNOWNS
I have yet to try to add an attachment or a picture so I don't know how it works. Whoever figures it out first, please add it here so everyone can do so.

That's my primer! Have fun!!!

No comments: